October 8, 2015
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Written By Admin
The Annapurna Sanctuary / Base camp trek is a hike into the dazzling natural amphitheatre formed by the staggeringly beautiful peaks of the giants – Annapurna 1, Glacier Dome, Gangapurna, Fang and the fishtail peak of Machapuchare. Although there is only one entrance to the sanctuary itself, we follow locally known, lesser-used approaches and exit routes on our premier Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
The vast amphitheatre of the Annapurna Sanctuary is encircled by the famous Himalayan peaks – the ‘fishtail’ spire of Machapuchare (6997m), Gangapurna (7454m), Annapurna 1 (8091m), the unclimbed Fang (7647m) and Annapurna South (7273m). The only approach follows the Modi Khola Valley through forests of oak, rhododendron and bamboo, passing through local Gurung villages to a world of soaring peaks.
The flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara takes us past three 8000m giants . We start our Annapurna Base Camp Trek with a short drive from Pokhara to Nayapul. We walk to a village by the Modi River, Birethanti(1000m). Walking through oak forest we cross several side valleys, which run into the Modi Khola, and climb a stone ‘staircase’ to the Gurung village of Chomrong (2060m). Trekking past Hinku cave, we reach what is known as the ‘gate’ into the Sanctuary – a pass between the spectacular peaks of Hiunchuli and Machapuchare.
The glaciated and snow covered peaks of the Sanctuary form a spectacular barrier .Dazzling views confront us as we trek up through the last permanent settlements to the Machapuchare Base Camp (3729m) where we are rewarded with superb views of ‘Fishtail’ mountain. While here we will also visit the Annapurna South Base camp.
Day to Day Outline Itinerary
|Day 1:||Arrive Kathmandu, You will be met by your Trek leader and transfered to your Hotel.|
|Day 2 :||Fly to Pokhara and trek to Hille. 1500meter. 5 hours|
|Day 3 :||Trek to Ghorepani. 2850 meters. 6-7 hours walking|
|Day 4 :||Trek to Chuile. 1900 meters. 6 hours walking|
|Day 5 :||Trek to Sinuwa. 2340 meters. 6-7 hours walking.|
|Day 6 :||Trek to Himalaya. 2900 meters. 5-6 hours walking.|
|Day 7:||Trek to Machapuchare Base Camp. 3700 meters. 5 hours walking.|
|Day 8 :||Trek to Annapurna base camp 4130 meters. 2 hours walking. Allows you to stay the night and possibly enjoy fantastic sunrise the next morning.|
|Day 9 :||Trek to Bamboo. 2600 meters. 6 – 7 hours walking.|
|Day 10 :||Trek to Jhinu Danda enjoy the afternoon soaking in the Hot-springs. 5-6 hours walking.|
|Day 11 :||Trek to Dhampus. The longest day of the trek 8 hours.|
|Day 12 :||Trek for 2 hours to Phedi and drive for 30 minutes to Pokhara. Rest of the day free in Pokhara.|
|Day 13 :||Fly back to Kathmandu in the morning or afternoon( let me know which time of day is your preference)|
|Day 14 :||International departure.|
Trip Cost US$1700 5% Discount for Top Travel Members
Trip Cost Includes:-
- Boutique hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Boutique hotel in Pokhara on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel/ Lodges on twin sharing basis
- All transportation
- Responsible Adventures’ Expert Trek leader
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- Use of trekking kit bag during trek
- 1 Assistant guide between 4 trekkers
- Trekking “Chef” – We are the first and only trekking company that has this post
- 1 porter between two trekkers
- Good clothing for porters and crew
- Food for porters & crew members (We are less then handful of trekking companies that provide this facility)
- Insurance for crew and porters
- All permits
- Twin sharing room on trek
- All meals on trek (best trekking meals in the whole of the Himalaya)
- Domestic airfare.
Trip Cost Does Not Include:-
- International airport taxes
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (Compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Tips(suggested amount US$50 per week for staff only), Leader’s tip at your discretion
- Items of a personal nature e.g alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenir etc.
Top Travel Activities : Asia