October 10, 2015
Burma / Myanmar
Written By Admin
Formerly a taboo travel destination, Burma is becoming a new global hotspot.
Burma is the sort of time-warped place that adventurous travellers love. It’s an Asian Buddhist wonderland with red-robed monks and bicycle rickshaws where British colonial relics line the streets.
Explore the magnificent temples of Bagan, relax on a riverboat cruise up the Ayeyarwady River, visit local villages, admire Yangon’s golden Shwedagon Paya and more. Now is the time to visit this unspoilt destination before McDonald’s or other name-brands arrive!
- Inle Lake’s unique community – see the infamous “leg rowers”, silk weavers, floating gardens, market and traditional life.
- visiting beautifully decorated Buddhist temples and monastaries: Shwedagon Pagoda, Shwe Nandaw Kyaung (the Golden Palace) etc.
- exploring Madalay handicraft workshops: woodcarving, marble masonry, kalaga tapestries and gold leaf hammering.
- Hsipaw – boat trip up the Dothawaddy River viewing village life and stopping for short hikes along the way.
- taking a magical train with the locals up to the scenic hill resort of Pyin U Lwin situated at 1000m, famous for its lovely lake, gardens and colonial era buildings.
- visiting and giving back to a local school and orphanage.
- we travel by boat up the Ayeyarwady River, a great way to observe river life: see local people using bamboo rafts to carry supplies.
- visiting the fascinating ancient city of Bagan, a city of major significance in the world, with 1000s of temples, pagodas and monastaries.
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||US$100|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Phone Number:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|