October 17, 2015
Cambridge Food Tour
Written By Admin
Discover the best foods of Cambridge at speciality shops, famous Cambridge institutions and uncover hidden Cambridge on a fun walking tour, and be awed by the smooth Duke of Cambridge.
Your Cambridge Food Tour starts at 10.15 am in the heart of the old city, where we will kick off with a cup of coffee or tea. We will take you on a 4.5 hour walking tour along the colleges, making our way to a part of Cambridge, which not a lot of tourists get to see. After 4.5 hours of food tastings and English tipples, we will finish at a “Prêt à Porter Foodie shop” in the bustling heart of Cambridge.
REVIEW FROM THE CAMBRIDGE EVENING NEWS
“Alas, Gerla is so knowledgeable, passionate and committed to local traders, you find yourself being hauled off the beaten tour track to the next little foodie nook.”
DELICIOUS MAGAZINE UK
“This quintessential English town is peppered with International cuisine”
What to expect
- seven food tastings with various drinks, English tipples( alcohol), incl. lunch
- taste the Best of Cambridge and British food from unique products to authentic and traditional food
- learn about some interesting local stories
- learn about history of the sampled food
- interesting foodie facts
- discover areas of Cambridge other tourists hardly get to see
- starts 10.15 am in the old centre
- 4 hour walking tour, but there will be the opportunity of sitting down too
- 10% off listed price below
- £ 50 pp, which includes 7 food tastings with coffee or tea and English tipples
- £ 40 Children for 8 years old
- £ 50 if no alcohol is consumed – local juice will be offered
- Tours conducted in English and Dutch
- Please make sure you wear good walking shoes and clothes for all weather conditions
Perfect finish – Go punting
What better then to finish with drifting along the river Cam for 45 minutes in a punt? Having learned everything about Cambridge and British food, you probably keen to find out about the rich history of the colleges. Jump in and we’ll do the hard work!
This perfect match costs in total
- £ 65 per person
Last minute bookings
Bookings close 12 hours prior to the event. If you are interested in joining us on the day, please send us an email or give us a call on 01223 26991.
Although we welcome children on our tour, we advise you to take some toys (without sound) to occupy them whilst we do the tastings.
If you would like to join us with a group of 10+, then we can tailor the tour for you.
Food on the tour
On the tour you will have a minimum of 7 food tastings with coffee, soft drinks and alcohol. The food equals a full lunch, however it will not be a traditional lunch but various tasting sessions.
Special discount at Chocolat Chocolat
On our tour we will be visiting the top chocolatier in Cambridge too, Chocolat Chocolat. We have teamed up with them and especially for this occasion they will give all our guests on the tour a special discount on their delicious chocolate.
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||-10% per person|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Phone Number:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|