October 19, 2015
Danube Delta – a complete holiday
Written By Admin
Day 1. Transfer from Bucharest to delta. Arrival at afternoon, then embarking on the boat. Departure on water following Sfantu Gheorghe Branch till the Black Sea proximity. Accommodation at Sfantu Gheorghe village.
Day 2. Exploring surroundings. Sacalin Island – refuge for birds, remote and wild place; endless miles of desert beaches near Sfantu Gheorghe village – sunbath and leisure.
Accommodation at Sfantu Gheorghe village.
Day 3. We continue the water course to the central part of delta: Rosu Lake – Caraorman village. Many chances to observe plenty of birds, butterflies and dragonflies flying around us on the way. Large flocks of Pelicans and Cormorants fly freely on the sky or feed together on the lakes. Afternoon on the desert sandy dunes near Caraorman village.
Accommodation at Caraorman village.
Day 4. The landscape changes from the endless reedbed surfaces to narrow channels bordered by rows of water loving trees – majestic willows, tall poplars. Caraorman village – Crisan Village – Old Danube – Letea Village.
Accommodation at Letea Village.
Day 5. Letea forest with sand dunes in a tropical environment with old oaks and African lianas are visited early morning. The program continues then by going back to the Old Danube and navigates through Bogdaproste – Trei Iezere Complex Lakes till reaching Mila 23 village, the biggest fishermen village from delta.
Accommodation at Mila 23 village.
Day 6. Intricate waterways, wide crystal clear water lakes, and the serenity of travel on water remind us of a new day in the wilderness. Today the route includes visit to St. Atanasie Abbey, monk old orthodox style abbey in the heart of delta. Accommodation at Mila 23 village.
Day 7. Returning on the continent to Tulcea following a spectacular water route that includes bird colonies crowded with noisy Little and Great Egrets, species of Herons, Glossy Ibises, Spoonbills, Great and Pigmy Cormorants, also having the chances to observe the biggest eagle from Romania – the White-tailed Eagle.
Transfer back to Bucharest and accommodation.
Day 8. Bucharest city tours including main attractions of the Romanian capital, then transfer to the airport.
The water trip is done with a cruise boat (max. 10 pers) equipped with interior saloon, outside front and back terraces, covered against the sun and rain. On the boat also lunch is served. Sometimes smaller boats are used in order to access remote and narrow channels.
Accommodation on DBL room basis in B&B local pensions, 2-3* – clean, hot running water, AC, swimming pool. Accommodation in Bucharest at 4* hotel.
Meals – breakfast and dinner at B&B, lunch on the boat – traditional cuisine.
Prices – 8 days (7 nights). The prices in € / person, includes VAT.
|Group of||2 pers||3 pers||4 pers||5 pers||> 6 pers|
The price contains:
- transfer Bucharest – Danube Delta and return;
- water transportation as per program. Water cruise boat and small motor boats at disposal for the entire program;
- accommodation 6 nights in Danube Delta at local 3* B&B, DBL rooms;
- accommodation 1 night in Bucharest, 4* hotel;
- 7 days full board (3 meals/day), daily complementary refreshments – coffee, tea, snacks;
- specialized English speaking naturalist guide at your disposal for the entire trip;
- fishing tackles and baits,
- binoculars and bird books,
What to see: large reed bed surfaces, corridors of poplars and willows along the narrow channels, crystal clear water bodies, large Danube branches, remote and wild beach at the Black Sea; close to the sea there are old oak forests placed on desert-type marine levees.
What to do:
- morning and evening walks along the Black Sea shoreline,
- sunbath on the pristine fine sandy beaches near Sfantu Gheorghe village,
- early morning boat rowing with the locals along the narrow channels to the lakes in order to check the fishing nets,
- fishing: challenge to encounter the tension moments when drill the monster carps and catfishes or capture the ferocious predators as the pike or the zander,
- integrate yourself in the local community;
- take pictures of the life in action: birds flying, hunting and feeding.
The people: small villages inhabited by a mixture of Romanians with Ukrainians/other Russian related minorities, traditional occupations like agriculture or fishing; temporary cottages of the local fishermen together with a poky cultivated land – grape yard, veggies.
The wildlife: mammals as wild boar, wild cat, doe, hare, fox, muskrat, etc. The migratory birds are present since late March, so in the season there are plenty of them, including all the waterfowls, shoreline, waders and raptors. We will see also millions of beautiful colored dragonflies and butterflie
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||10%|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|