March 2, 2016
Donate Your Time in Healthcare
Written By Leonardo Gubinelli
The Surin Healthcare experience will provide you a valuable and rewarding learning opportunity.
Based in one of Thailand’s poorest provinces, participants will witness firsthand the importance of local clinics in maintaining the health and wellbeing of rural Thai communities. Normally you will work with a small community hospital, comparable in size to most western clinics. The clinic serves a village community of approximately 7,000 people. Many who use the clinic come from underprivileged backgrounds.
Customers with formal medical experience may have the opportunity to practice non-intrusive care under the supervision of the Thai medical team. Duties are subject to your competency and formal experience.
The program is not an intervention, but builds awareness of the complex healthcare issues of rural Thai communities and encourages you to enjoy village life. This adventure provides a wonderful and culturally immersive experience. We suggest that all customers have an open-mind to the practical and cultural differences you may encounter.
Please be aware that this medical experience is very popular and during peak times you may be divided into groups to visit multiple locations
Day to day activities that you will be involved in will vary, are subject to your experience and current needs of the medical centre and community. Typical Duties may include:
· Participating in the Hypertension Clinic; focusing on blood pressure, weight and BMI and general health checks
· Participating in the Diabetics Clinic; screening patients
· Helping educate the villagers about health challenges and remaining healthy
· Joining home visits
· Assessment of child development in the community
· Participating in the school health check program including educating young students about the importance of basic hygiene
· If you are Medically qualified you MAY be able to assist with the diagnosing of illnesses and treatment, subject to the agreement of the Thai professionals on site and their patients
· If you are a qualified Nurse you MAY be able to assist with occasional dressing of wounds, sutures etc. although this is of course subject to the agreement of the Thai professionals on site and their patients
· Injections (experience is neccessary)
· Assisting with clinics at the local temple, running health checks for the monks
· Observing the role of the clinic and those working there
· Packing the medications and medical materials
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||599.00|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Phone Number:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|