October 10, 2015
Great Sand River Expedition
Written By Admin
Great Sand River Expedition – 8 Nights 9 Days
DAY 01 – AIRPORT – COLOMBO 40 KMS & 1 HOUR DRIVE
Morning – Arrival at the Katunayake international airport. Welcome by a representative of Ceyline Travels. And transfer to ZYLAN LUXURY VILLA (Deluxe – BB)
Afternoon – Rest of the day at leisure and COLOMBO city tour, visit MUSEUM, BMICH, GALLE FACE GREEN, BEIRA LAKE, and shop at ODEL, KELLY FELDER, HOUSE OF FASHION, LAK MEDURA, LAK PAHANA, GANDHARA etc. return to hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 02 – COLOMBO – KANDY 150 KMS &3 HOURS DRIVE
Morning – After breakfast leave for KANDY. On your way visit PINNAWELA ELEPHANT ORPHANGE, witness how the abandon ELEPHANT have been taken cared and fed, guaranteed that you will be emotionally touched by the hands of the care takers.
Afternoon – Grab your bike and visit PERADENIYA BOTENICAL GARDEN, afterwards BIKING all the way to heart of KANDY and enjoy the a scenic beauty of the ancient kingdom of Sri Lankan kings and their palace, the ‘TEMPLE OF TOOTH RELIC’ where the LORD BUDDHA’S sacred TOOTH RELIC is kept for worship. In the evening at about 7pm visit RAJA WASALA and finally get in to the vehicle to check in to AMAYA HILLS for dinner and crash your day in this remarkable hotel in the hills. (Superior – HB)
DAY 03 – KANDY – MAHIYANGANA 140 KMS &2 HOURS DRIVE
Morning – After breakfast leave for MAHIYANGANA. Visit INDIGENIOUS PEOPLE in DAMBANA, which is a home to the tribes known as ‘VANNILA ETTO’ meaning PEOPLE OF THE FOREST who are in fact in the list of the world’s primitive tribes. You will be greeted by the tribe leader.
Afternoon – Later in the evening drive to the SORABORA and check in to SORABOAR GEDARA and dinner and overnight stay. (Standard – HB)
DAY 04 – GREAT SANDI RIVER EXPEDITION 25 KMS OF PADDLING
Morning – Early breakfast and leave to HEMBARAWA for GREAT SANDI RIVER EXPEDITION, here you will receive 2 hours of river introduction and canoe maneuvering lesson by the river guide. The raft/canoes will be ready and packed with all the provisions for next 2 days of canoeing and camping by the river banks.
Afternoon – Just before lunch, after a light brunch you will be start paddling the river, you will encounter wildlife such as CROCODILES, SAMBAR and other animals as you passing through the WASGAMUWA NATIONAL PARK, a one of the largest sanctuary. You will CAMP by the river banks in WASAGAMUWA NATIONAL PARK. (Tenting – FB)
DAY 05 – GREAT SANDI RIVER EXPEDITION 25 KMS OF PADDLING
Morning – After breakfast starts your journey in the river, today you will be paddling to the second destination of the river, it will be another great day of paddling down the river whilst enjoying the wildlife and great sceneries. Tonight will camp in YAKKURE. (Tenting – FB)
DAY 06 – YAKKURE – POLONNARUWA 30 KMS OF PADDLING
Morning – Today is the last day of the RIVER EXPEDITION, you will be paddling to the take out point in MANNAMPITIYA Bridge, and the vehicle will be waiting to pick you.
Evening – Check into DEER PARK HOTEL, before you check in make sure to get clean, cold beer will be waiting to meet and chat about the RIVER EXPEDITIONS, dinner and overnight stay. (Duplex Cottages – HB)
DAY 07 – POLONNARUWA – ANURADHAPURA 101 KMS & 2 HOURS DRIVES
Morning – After breakfast leave grab your bikes and leave for POLONNARUWA sightseeing tour, bikes are the great tool to enjoy great history of this medieval city, Sri Lanka.
Afternoon – You will not cycling all the way to ANURADHAPURA, once you have seen enough of POLONNARUWA, hop in to the vehicle and drive towards ANURADHAPURA, check into PALM GARDEN VILLAGE, dinner and overnight stay. (Standard – HB)
DAY 08 – ANURADHAPURA – KALPITIYA 90 KMS & 2 HOURS DRIVE
Morning – After breakfast 4 hours of cycling in the city of ANURADHAPURA, again a great way sightseeing, once you are done about 4 hours of cycling we will drive you to KALPITIYA.
Afternoon – Check into UDEKKI VILLA for dinner and overnight stay. (Villa 349 – BB)
DAY 09 – KALPITIYA –AIRPORT 90 KMS & 2 HOURS DRIVES
Morning – After breakfast leave for a wonderful marine exhibition of DOLPHIN WATCHING. You will be amazed by the teasing of DOLPHINS and how close you could get to them, what a creature? You will fall in love with them.
Afternoon – Leave for AIRPORT.
Transfer to the airport to connect to your flight. (Reporting time at airport 3 hours before flight as required by airline)
END OF TOUR
PRICES – US$1,239 PER PERSON SHARING ROOM ON HALF BOARD / FULL BOARD
• Prices are valid for tours commencing and completed including and within the dates specified
• Prices are total sharing a double room Half board & Full board basis
• Days 4thto6th Full board basis picnic meals
• Rates are subject to availability at the time of making the reservation.
• In the event of the required/specified hotel not being available a suitable alternative will be offered with or without a supplement
• Cancellation/refund restrictions will apply once reservations are made
• Changes to the chronology of the tour may be made as required based on arrival and departure times
• Prices given will not apply to a single person on tour
• Extra compulsory supplements will apply on Christmas and New Year’s eve – final costing will be based on actual dates of travel
• Meet on arrival and drop off on departure
• Entrance tickets to Polonnaruwa & Anuradhapura
• Elephant Orphanage
• Temple of Tooth Relic | Raja Wasala
• Peradeniya Botanical Garden
2. Canoeing for 3 days
4. Dolphin Watching on boat
• Accommodation as specified on double sharing basis inclusive of meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
• All applicable taxes & hotel service charge
• Transportation as per the itinerary in an A/C Van for up to 1100 Kms with English speaking chauffeur guide
• Chauffeur accommodation while on tour
• Camera/Video permits at certain sites
• Every additional Km will be charged at LKR 40/=
• Fees for safari jeeps and entrance tickets to national parks
• Expenses of a personal nature
• Refreshments / meals while on travelling
• Zylan Luxury Villa 1 night
• Amaya Hills 1 night
• Sorabora Gedara 1 night
• Camping 2 nights
• Deer Park Hotel 1 night
• Palm Garden Village 1 night
• Udekki Villa 1 night
|Address:||1, Alfred House Avenue, Colombo 03, 00300|
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||15%|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Phone Number:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|