October 7, 2015
Historic tour Ethiopia
Written By Admin
Historic Route – 13 days /12 nights
Day 1. Arrival Addis Ababa bole international airport. Transfer to hotel. Afternoon: city tour of Addis Ababa which includes National museum, Merkato (the biggest open air market) and Cathedral Trinity church. Overnight in Hilton hotel.
Day2. Fly to Bahir Dar (which takes one hour), the capital of the Amhara region. Transfer to hotel. Afternoon: excursion to the Blue Nile falls. Overnight in Aby minch or Tana hotel.
Day 3. Morning Boat trip on Lake Tana, the biggest highland lake of Ethiopia, to visit two the 14th century churches called Ura kidanemihiret and Aswa Mariam which involves 30 minutes walking through the jungle of coffee plantation. In each of the churches you can enjoy the traditional mural paintings of 14th ,17th and 18th century. Afternoon: visit the market of Bahir Dar. Overnight in Abay minch or Tana hotel.
Day 4. Morning drive to Gondar (180 km on paved road) which takes three hours including photo stops of the landscape and visit of the Amhara village. In this village you can visit how these people refine in a traditional way the skin of animals. After having lunch and some rest in the hotel visit
• the17th century castle compound where there are six independent castles for each emperor
• the church of Debrebirhan silase for its wall and ceiling painting of the 17th century
• the bath of Fasillades ( the first king of the Gondarean period and the founder of Gondar).
Overnight in Goha or Taye belay hotel.
Day 5. Drive to Semien Mountain National Park (which takes three hours drive) admiring the amazing landscape which makes Ethiopia to be called the roof of Africa and some wild life like Gelada Baboon or bleeding heart baboon, clip springer, bush buck and birds. Overnight in Semien Lodge.
Day 6. Full day drive to Axum which is 270 km enjoying scenery of landscape and visits of villages. Overnight in Yeha hotel
Day 7. Visit obelisks, different archeological sites, the bath and the palace of Queen of Sheba, tomb of kings and the church of St Mary of Zion (where legend says the Ark of Covenant, brought here from Israel by King Menelik the first, is kept). Overnight in yeha hotel
Day08. Drive to Mekele. On the way visit the 5th century BC temple (called Yeha temple) and Debre Damo monastery (dated from the 4th century AC and the most inaccessible church in Ethiopia where men climb with ropes for about 11 meters. Women are not allowed to go in this monastery). Overnight in Axum hotel.
Day09. Excursion to visit three Trigray rock hewn churches named as Aba Abreham, Abreha Atsbeha and Wukro Mariam. If time allows visit the market of salt. Overnight in Axum hotel.
Day10, Early in the morning drive to Lalibela which is 320 km, admiring the spectacular view of the landscape and villages. Overnight in Mountain view or Cliff Edge hotel.
Day 11. Full day sight seeing of the rock hewn churches carved during the 13th centuary by king Lalibela which makes Lalibela to be considerd as the holiest city of Ethiopia (and sometimes as the African Petra) with the adjucent museum which has collections of tresures of this time. Overnight in Mountain view or Cliff edge hotel.
Day 12. TESFA TREK
Day 13. TESFA TREK
Day 14. Fly back to Addis Ababa. In the afternoon do some shopping and have some rest (day use room in Hilton or Intercontinental hotel). In the evening transfer to the airport for the flight back home.
The price for the above trip is
• 2821Euros per person calculated based on two people.
• 2014euros per person calculated based on four people.
• 1816Euro per person calculated on the basis of 6 -8 people + Tour leader free of charge .
• 1707 Euro per person on the basis of e8 – 10 people+ Tour leader free of charge.
• 1611Euro on the basis 10- 12 persons + Tour leader free of charge
• 1540 per person on the basis of 12- 14 people + Tour leader free of charge.
• Accommodation though out the tour on full board basis that is breakfast lunch dinner included and soft drink or water per person.
• Transfer in and out service to and from the airport.
• All Entrance, embarkation, official and not official taxes, porter tips.
• All domestic flight from Addis to Bahir Dar and from Lalibela to Addis
• Good condition Toyota minibus up to 6 people and Bus when it is above 8 people.
• Professional English speaking guide though out the tour.
• Governmental tax.
Service not include,
• International flights.
• Alcoholic drinks
• Personal expenses, photo or video fees, tip for the driver and Guide.
Top Travel Activities : Africa