August 6, 2019
Written By Kanza Khan
Elevation: 8,611 Meters
Mountain Range: Karakoram
First Ascent: Achille Compagnoni and Lino Lacedelli (Italy), July 31, 1954
Duration: 60 Days
Best Time: Mid May – End August
In Reinhold Messner’s opinion, K-2 is the most impressive but the most difficult peak in the world. It is perhaps for this reason that the locals call it Chogori, ‘the king of mountains’. K2 has variously been described as the “awesome”, “killer”, “savage” and “the mountain of mountains”. Its lower face is rocky up to 6,000 meters, beyond which it becomes a vertical ocean of snow.
K2 majestically stands on the Pakistan-China border ruling the mighty Karakoram. The traditional route to its base camp goes through Baltoro Glacier. The height of the peak is 8,616 meters/28,267 feet according to the survey done by Italian geologists in 2004.
The peak has been climbed by over two hundred and fifty climber through different routes. The most common and easiest is Abruzzi Ridge followed by the legendry Italian climbers Mr. Lino Lacedelli and Mr. Achille Compagnoni who reached the summit on August 31, 1954.
|Day 02||Briefing at Ministry of Tourism|
|Day 12||Goro-II- K2 Base Camp|
|Day 52||K2 Base Camp-Goro-II|
Please Note: Skardu/ Islamabad/ Skardu flights are subject to weather and backlog, in case of flight cancellation we will drive back to Islamabad via Chilas, and one night of Islamabad will be adjusted in overland travel.
- Making arrangement of import/ export permit from the ministry of tourism.
- Assistance in obtaining climbing permit from the Ministry of Tourism.
- Custom clearance of cargo before arrival of the team, and storage facility.
- Hotel accommodation at Islamabad and Chilas.
- Briefing/ Debriefing at Ministry of Tourism.
- All meals during trek and at B.C as per program.
- All road transport and all transfers as mentioned in the program.
- Porterage of 75 per team member of expedition, equipment and high altitude food to B.C and 50 kg per team member on return from BC.
- Camping ground fees, sleeping tents, mattresses, kitchen tent, mess and toilet tent, field stools.
- Crockery, cooking pan, cutlery, fuel and other related kitchen equipments.
- Daily wages and basic kit of guide, sardar, cook and assistants.
- Field staff and low altitude porter’s insurance.
- Porterage at hotels, airports, toll taxes and all other taxes.
- Reconfirmation of air tickets, mail handling/ forwarding to BC.
- Hiring of high altitude porters, mail runner or any other crew as per requirements (wages and kit to be provided by the team).
- International air tickets, airport taxes, excess baggage charges.
- High altitude porters/ any crew above BC.
- Sleeping bags, tents, mattresses, high altitude food and oxygen beyond base camp.
- Ground evacuations, helicopter rescue charges and medications.
- Climbing permit fee or any other fee to be paid to the authorities of Pakistan.
- Insurance liability of team members and others under force majeure situations.
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||K2 (8,611M)|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Phone Number:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|