March 9, 2020
Krakow Jewish Quarter & Former Ghetto: 2-Hour Private Tour with local historian
Written By Krakow Tour Guide
– Explore one of the most beautiful Jewish cities in Europe with a credited history teacher
– Visit sites related to the film “Schindler’s List”
– See the Jewish Ghetto area
– Hear inspiring stories from the Second World War
– Go to the district of Zabłocie where Oskar Schindler’s factory is located
Shalom at the Jewish Kazimierz! The historic district of Krakow, which for centuries was seen as the Jewish capital city of the former Polish – Lithuanian Commonwealth. Kazimierz was home to world famous Rabbis eg the most famous one – Moses ben Israel Isserles known as Remu. You can find here the Old Synagogue – one of the oldest preserved synagogues in Central Europe – and the Remu cemetery, one of the oldest Jewish cemeteries in Poland. Unique architecture along with charming restaurants and historical significance all add to extraordinary atmosphere of Kazimierz. The famous Szeroka Street hosts, the biggest Jewish Festival in Europe.
Walking tour in Krakow Jewish Quarter & Ghetto includes
The Old Synagogue, Szeroka Street, Remuh Synagogue and Cemetery, Helena Rubinstein’s house, the Isaac Synagogue, the New Square, High Synagogue, Jewish Community Centre, the Tempel Synagogue, the Nissenbaum Foundation memorial, Jan Karski’s Bench, Ghetto wall, the Ghetto Heroes Square, Tadeusz Pankiewicz’s Pharmacy, Oskar Schindler’s Enamel Factory.