January 3, 2020
Krakow John Paul II Trail Tour: 2-Hour Private Tour with local historian
Written By Krakow Tour Guide
– See the most important places related to the life of Pope John Paul II
– Visit the Wawel Cathedral situated on Wawel Hill
– Go to the Jagiellonian University, the oldest Polish university
– Hear inspiring stories about Karol Wojtyla, the man who became the pope
– See the famous Papal Window
The John Paul II Trail Tour will take you to the places which are particularly associated with Karol Wojtyla who could become pope. Krakow is a special place to learn about the life of Pope John Paul II as he lived in Krakow for more than 30 years prior. During his years in Krakow, he was first a student, then a priest, and finally as bishop of Krakow. In Krakow, he has also experienced the unimaginable cruelty of World War II and then communism.
Your guide will be a history teacher and PhD student who will lead you throughout Krakow showing you the places that shaped Pope John Paul II and tell you about his life in Krakow. After meeting your guide visit the Jagiellonian University. Then continue to the Wawel Cathedral, where Karol Wojtyla sought spiritual guidance and confession and where he celebrated his first Mass. After, go to his apartment on Kanonicza Street, the Franciscan Church, and the Bishop’s Palace.