October 7, 2015
Live Adventure – Live Wild – Uniquely African Safaris – 8 Day Kenya Migration
Written By Admin
HOLIDAY TO AFRICA LIMITED – Witness the thundering display of the massive wildebeest migration in Masai Mara, Kenya.
Itinerary – please choose your 8 days in September or even October, 2013. Perfect opportunity for the intrepid photographer and film maker.
Day 1, September 2013: Arrival –Nairobi.
Arrive at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport where upon arrival you will be met by our local area representative and transferred to the city hotel for check in. Dinner on this day is on own arrangements. Bed and breakfast at Nairobi Safari Club Hotel. BB. A 5 star luxury hotel will provide the opportunity to prepare for your safari in the wilderness of; Samburu National Reserve, the Masai Mara National Park, Aberdares National Park and Lake Nakaru National Park.
Day 2, Sep 2013: Nairobi – Samburu Game Reserve (345 Kms, 5hrs)
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel then meet with your driver and tour guide before departing for the remote Samburu Game reserve. In the morning you might have a clear view of Mount Kenya just on your way. A brief stop at the equator for a photographic session as well as a demonstration of the “Corriolis Effect” at the equator, you will also have an opportunity to stand on the 2 hemispheres at the same time. Proceed and arrive in Samburu in time for check in and lunch. After lunch, enjoy afternoon game drives within this scenic reserve you may have the opportunity to photograph large herds of elephants and lions in addition to a variety of rare fauna and flora and other wildlife species. Lunch, dinner and overnight at Samburu Sopa Lodge.
Day 3, Sep 2013: Samburu National Reserve.
Spend the whole day at leisure with unlimited game viewing drives in this reserve inhabited by special game adapted to the semi arid conditions. These special animals: the Gerenuk, Gravy Zebra, Reticulated Giraffe, Somali Ostrich and the Beisa Oryx can only be seen on the northern park of the Equator. Samburu game reserve is a semi desert with a rugged hilly terrain, with great rocky kopjes (small isolated hills) and lots of springs supporting the abundant wildlife. The solitary mountain rises to 2,145m from an otherwise flat area. The Samburu National Reserve was one of the two areas in which conservationists George Adamson and Joy Adamson raised Elsa the Lioness made famous in the best selling book and award winning movie Born free. The Samburu National Reserve is also the home of Kamunyak, a lioness famous for adopting oryx calves. The specialties that can only be found in this part of the world are the gravy zebra, the Somali ostrich, gerenuk and the reticulated giraffe and gazelles the lesser kudu leopard and plenty of lion and herds of elephants and plenty of bird life and other small game. All meals and overnight stay at Samburu Sopa Lodge.
Day 4, Sep 2013: Samburu – Aberdares National Park (175Kms, 2 ½ Hrs )
After your sumptuous breakfast, drive to Aberdares National Park to meet your lunch at Aberdares country club which is a base serving for the Ark lodge. Afternoon transfer to the Ark lodge where you will spend the rest of your day watching animals arriving to drink water and lick salts at the floodlit waterhole. This park is famous for its historical royal connection. One afternoon in February of 1952, a young English girl climbed the fig tree as a Princess. The following morning, she descended as Queen Elizabeth II – her father, King George VI, had died in the night. The park is mostly covered with thicket forest and game viewing drives is minimal and can only be organized by the Lodge at an extra cost. Different Varieties of wildlife come to take water at the flood lit waterhole. Dinner and overnight at the Ark lodge.
Day 5, Sep 2013: Aberdares – Lake Nakuru National Park (180 Kms, 2 ½ hrs)
After breakfast you will have a morning departure from Aberdares and be driven to Lake Nakuru, the most famous bird lover’s paradise in Kenya. Visit the famous Thompson falls which is on this route for photography and relaxation at the falls. You will enjoy a short walk in the beautiful nature trail located at the base of the falls should the time permits. Afterwards, proceed to Lake Nakuru arriving for lunch. After lunch, venture into the park which is home to flamingos, pelican, white rhino, black rhino, warthog, giraffe, hyena, leopard, the famous tree climbing lions, buffalo and other numerous plains game. In the evening enjoy a brisk walk along the shores of the lake as you watch the sun set. You will then be transferred back to the lodge for rest and overnight. Lunch, dinner and overnight at Flamingo Hill Camp.
Day 6, Sep 2013: Nairobi – Masai Mara National Reserve (320 Kms, 4 ½ Hrs)
Breakfast at the Flamingo Hill Camp. Thereafter you will drive to Africa’s greatest Masai Mara National Reserve. Proceed expecting to arrive at Masai Mara for Lunch and evening game viewing drive in the reserve with all meals and overnight at. Siana Springs Tented Camp
Day 7, Sep 2013: Masai Mara National Reserve.
Spend the whole day at leisure with morning and afternoon Game viewing drives in the reserve. You will guided by the expert driver guides to spot the big five game among other like, Thomson’s and Grant’s gazelle, Topi and Eland and many more species of plains’ game offer a rich choice of food for the dominant predators; lion, leopard and cheetah which hunt in this pristine wilderness. In the Mara River, hippo submerges at the approach of a vehicle only to surface seconds later to snort and grumble their displeasure. Seemingly, the drowsy crocodile sunbathe on the riverbanks, mouth agape, and waiting with subtle cunning for prey at which to strike with lightning swiftness. But this richness of fauna, this profusion of winged beauty and the untouched fragility of the landscape, are all subordinate to the Mara’s foremost attraction, the march of the wildebeest. All meals and overnight at Siana Springs Tented Camp
Day 8, Sep 2013: Departure.
Breakfast at the camp then depart for Nairobi with some en-route stop over’s along the way and should time permit, you will have a stop over at the Great Rift Valley view point to enjoy a panoramic view as well as taking photos from the dramatic escarpment. Lunch and dinner on this day is on own arrangements. Transferred to the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for in time to connect with your outbound flight.
End of our Tour Services
PRICE: The cost of this itinerary and services is: USD $2,826.00 Per Person, sharing.
Total price for two guests: USD $5,652.00
Payable in USD $.
This is a private safari with 2 People as guests with the driver – tour guide in the vehicle. No other passengers. Private means private.
Optional Extra Services:
- Hot Air Balloon Ride USD$ 450 Per person in Masai Mara – highly recommended.
- Masai Village USD$ 30 PP
Above costs include:
- You will be met on arrival at Nairobi Airport by our own local representative and driver/tour guide. Briefing services + transfers.
- All transport as per the program for duration of this itinerary – in a 4×4 Toyota Land cruiser or Land Rover Defender.
- Game Drives in a 4×4 Toyota Land cruiser or Land Rover Defender.
- Park entrance fees per person.
- Accommodation as per the program.
- All 3 meals per day while on safari.
- 1 litre of bottled mineral water per person per day.
- Services of a professional English Speaking Guide.
- Transfer to cultural villages but entry paid direct
- International flights and to be estimated separately.
- Personal travel, luggage and medical insurance cover.
- Visas if required
- Yellow Fever Vaccinations and Malaria Prophylaxes
- Personal items, laundry, gratuities, telephone, internet,
- Recharge for battery power packs for photographic, mobile phones and computer equipment.
- Bar accounts
- Meals not specified
- Any other activity or item not specified in this itinerary.
Please note the following important information:
Please note this is a price estimate only and reservation remain subject to availability and no reservations have been made and given that the tour falls in a very busy high demand season booking needs to be completed as early as now to avoid missing the rooms. Prices may vary or change at time of booking. Special Promotion.
- Holiday To Africa and partners cannot be held responsible should airlines discontinue flights or change scheduled times resulting in missed connections etc. Should an amendment in a routing or itinerary be necessary, we will re-quote accordingly, subject to availability and rate of exchange.
- Please be sure to carefully check your visa requirements before your intended date of travel, as Holiday To Africa and partners cannot be held responsible should the necessary visa requirements not be met.
- It is strongly recommended that you travel to Africa with at least two blank passport pages per country visited and that your passport is valid for a minimum of 6 months after date of travel.
- Please consult your physician before you travel to Africa for advise on precautions against malaria prior to departure.
- We strongly advises that you take out comprehensive travel insurance covering yourself for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment.
- Please note: Overnights at the Ark Lodge tend to be chilly and warm clothing is highly recommended.
This is a very special arrangement by Holiday To Africa therefore, Early booking is essential.
Please contact your journey specialist at Holiday To Africa to inquire, receive the itinerary in accordance your travel dates in September, 2013 and to conclude your booking.
Minimum 2 people.
International flights not included.
Your journey specialist at Holiday To Africa is looking forward to welcoming you to the Masai Mara in Kenya this year.
|Country:||Nairobi - Samburu National Reserve - Aberdares National Park - Lake Nakaru National Park- Masai Mara - Nairob|
|Region:||Kenya, East Africa.|
|Address:||2 The Millstock, Tovil Green, Maidstone, Kent, United Kingdom.|
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||10% Price basedon per person sharing a double or twin room|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Phone Number:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Fax Number:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|