October 5, 2015
Moderate Trek in India (14 days Singilila Trek-Sikkim)
Written By Admin
Area : Sikkim
Altitude : 3700 mts
Duration : 14 Days
Grade : Moderate
Season : March – May & Oct – Nov
This trek offers breath-taking views of the Himalayan range from Cho Oyo to Kanchenjunga. The Singalila range is one of the rare spots on earth where the view embraces five summits rising above 8000m, amongst them Everest, Makalu and Lhotse. On these 19th century English Lords trails, you will trek on easy narrow paths along the Indo-Nepali border, sometimes at the edge of the jungle, sometimes through rhododendron forests. The visit of the main Sikkim monasteries (Pemayangtse, Tashiding, Rumtek) provide a touch of culture and make of this journey a rare venture.
Day 01 Arrival- Delhi,
Arrive Delhi. Pick-up from airport and transfer to hotel. Overnight hotel (Hotel B&B)
Day 02 Delhi – Bagdogra (fly) – Darjeeling (2130m) drive.
After breakfast at hotel transfer to airport for flight to Bagdogra. Arrive Bagdogra airport and transfer to Darjeeling . A charming 4-hour journey, through Assam tea plantations and tiny villages takes us to Darjeeling. Built on top of a ridge, Darjeeling faces the Himalaya and is a popular destination. Transfer to hotel. Overnight in Darjeeling hotel.( Hotel B&B)
Day 03 Visit Darjeeling full day
We could take an early trip to Tiger Hill to see the sunrise. Afterwards we visit the famous Ghoom monastery that enshrines an image of the Maitreya Buddha (the coming Buddha). Later on we can visit the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute and tea plantations. Overnight in Darjeeling. (Hotel B&B)
Day 04 Darjeeling – Manay Bhanjang ( 2134m. 1h 30) drive – Tonglu (3070m) in 4h trek.
Early morning drive from Darjeeling to trek point. The trail overlooks the Bengali plain south, and we have tantalising glimpses of Kanchenjunga ahead, as we zigzag through rhododendrons. Overnight camp (BLD)
Day 05 Tonglu – Garibas (2620m) in 4h trek.
We take a mossy paved path, that snakes through a succession of forests and hamlets, giving way, from time to time, to spectacular mountain sceneries. Overnight camp (BLD)
Day 06 Garibas – Sandakphu (3640m) in 4h30 trek.
We steadily climb to join the ridge trail towards Kalpokhari. Afterwards we start a long and steep climb onto the Singalila ridge that leads us to Sandakphu. A remarkable 360 ° view from the top. Overnight camp (BLD)
Day 07 Sandakphu – Phalut (3600m) in 6h trek.
We walk to a prominent viewpoint for the magnificent sunrise over the Kanchenjunga, Jannu, Everest, Lhotse, Makalu and Cho Oyo. Throughout the day, there are ever-changing views: yak herds, silvery pine forests, tiny lakes ringed with grass, and the snow-capped Himalayan range in the background. Overnight camp (BLD)
Day 08 Phalut – Raman (2560m) in 5h trek.
A pleasant descent through the woods takes us to Gorkhey (2500m) then we climb up towards Raman. Overnight camp (BLD)
Day 09 Raman – Rimbik (2280m) in 4h trek.
We pass through numerous villages and cross the Sri Khola over a remarkable suspension bridge. Overnight camp (BLD)
Day 10 Rimbik – Darjeeling 3h drive.
After last day camp breakfast drive to Darjeeling. On arrival half day sightseeing to visit tea factory.
Day 11 Darjeeing – Bagdogra (by car) – Delhi (by plane). (Hotel B&B)
After breakfast on time transfer to Bagdogra airport for flight to Delhi. On arrival Delhi transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 12 Delhi – Agra – Delhi by STBD AC train 3 hours journey each side.
Very early morning transfer to Railway station for train to Agra, breakfast on board the train. On arrival Agra pick-up from Railway station and proceed for Agra sightseeing. After finishing all sightseeing transfer to railway station for ac train to Delhi. On arrival Delhi pick-up and transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.(Hotel B&B)
Day 13 Delhi Full day sightseeing.
After breakfast at hotel full day sightseeing of Delhi. Overnight at hotel (Hotel B&B)
Day 14 Delhi – Departure
On time departure transfer to airport for flight to onward destination.
Cost : US$ 966 per pax (based on 10-15 pax)
Cost : US$ 1022 per pax (based on 7-9 pax )
Cost : US$ 1082 per pax (based on 5-7 pax )
Cost : US$ 1147 per pax (based on 2-4 pax )
Cost : US$ 1822 per pax (based on 1 pax )
- Accommodation: Hotel in Delhi, Darjeeling with bed & breakfast basis.
Camp or tea house accommodation on full board while the trek
accommodation will be provided in tents on double sharing and single basis. Our tents
are 4 season dome tents (Keltay) with lots of space for personal luggage. We will be
putting up a dining tent with dining table and a toilet tent to make your camping comfortable.
- Meals: While on trek all meals will be provided. The meal will be mix of Indian, Chinese and continental.
- Professional and experienced English speaking local trekking guide
- Mules/Porters: For carrying camping equipment like tents, carry mat, camping stool,
rations, vegetables and some amount of personal gear of the clients bag not
weighing more than 15 kgs).
- Transport: Bolero/Toyota Qualis/Tavera/ Tempo Travellers
- kitchen staff would accompany the group
COST DOESN’T INCLUDE
- Air fare: Delhi – Bagdogra – Delhi.
- Lunch/dinner at Delhi and Darjeeling.
- Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Travel insurance
- Sikkim Gov Royalty : US$ 200 up to 5 Pax, US# 75 per pax above then 6 pax
Trekking Equipments List
- Trekking boots – well broken in and waterproofed
- Down jacket or equivalent with hood, One heavy wool shirt or sweater
- Two cotton shirts
- One pair cotton trousers or shorts, One pair woolen trousers
- One pair shorts or calf-length skirt for women
- Three pairs of regular underwear, Long underwear – thermal or wool
- Wind- and rain-gear with hood
- Sun hat with brim
- Woolen hat or balaclava, Woolen gloves
- Woolen socks to wear with boots, Cotton socks
- Personal first-aid kit including medication for common ailments
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Sunglasses or snow goggles (an extra pair is recommended)
- Water bottle, preferably wide mouthed, with at least one liter capacity
- Pocket knife, Note book with pens and pencils
- Plastic bags – small size for books, film etc., larger bags for clothes, sleeping bags
- Well fitting strong shoes with a couple of woolen socks. The shoes should be used
before treks to avoid blisters.
- First aid set for minor accidents and sickness.
- A raincoat is necessary to meet uncertainties of weather.
- Chocolates, lozenges, candies, glucose and dry fruits provide extra pep and energy.
- It is advisable not to exhaust energy by walking fast, as otherwise the trek will be not
|Address:||B 701, Statesman House, Barakhamba Rd, Connaight Place|
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||20USD Per person on twin sharing|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Phone Number:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|