October 15, 2015
Motorbike Tour Stelvio International Metzeler Rally Platinum package, 7 day
Written By Admin
Based around the most important motorcycling event in the European calendar, the Platinum tour springs from ItalyOnMotorbike’s official partnership with the Stelvio International Metzeler Committee, organizer for over 38 years of the most important motorcycle rally in Italy.
The exclusive tour Platinum, a proposal of great value more specifically targeted for foreign visitors who want to live close and in a special way the Stelvio Motorcycle Rally, taking the opportunity of this very important event to make a complete holiday on the motorbike in the beautiful setting of the Alps and of the Dolomites, is packed into 5 days on the bike.
After a fascinating journey eastbound in the Dolomites and down to the Trento/Lake Garda district, this tour will obviously be dedicated to the Lombardy Alps with the jewel in their crown, the Stelvio International Metzeler Motorcycle Rally.
It is a ride through jaw-dropping high-mountain landscapes by day with the festive, adrenaline-fuelled atmosphere of the motorcycle rally in the evenings at its base, in Sondalo …
Want to put your riding skills to the test in the mountains, amid hairpin bends and major climbs and descents? Then the Platinum tour is for you. It is the trip for hardcore riders who are mainly interested in feeling the tarmac beneath their wheels in a magnificent setting, yet without neglecting the touristic dimension.
In a nutshell
|Start /end place||Duration||Riding days||Hotels||Included meals|
|Rest day||Total distance||Min-max /day||Daily ride||Route grading|
|6 – 8 hours||expert|
3 Unesco world heritage sites on our itinerary: Milan: Santa Maria delle Grazie with “The Last Supper” by Leonardo da Vinci, Rhaetian Railway in the Albula / Bernina Landscapes, The Dolomites
Price for this 7-day, 6-night tour:
- Rider + pillion in double room, from 1,402.50 Euro per person
- Solo rider in shared double room, from 1,650.00 Euro per person
- Solo rider in single room, from 1,897.50 Euro per person
- from July 01st till 07th, 2015
Motorbike hire for the whole tour (5 days), from 525.00 Euro
including unlimited kms, full insurance (with deductible), 3 cases, 1 Nolan helmet
Day 1: Meeting in Milan (Milano)
We meet up in the afternoon at our hotel in Milan and pick up the rental bikes. We all meet up before dinner and get to know each other through a welcome aperitif and a short but important briefing, the time to explain a few simple rules for organizing and synchronizing things, thus ensuring that everyone has a safe holiday that is unforgettable for all the right reasons.
Overnight in 4-star hotel in Milan; included meals: D.
Day 2: 250 km
Riding amid the beautiful mounts and lakes of eastern Lombardy, that will grant our eyes a profusion of stupendous sceneries, we head for the enchanting town of Trento. On our route the mythical Bondone-Trento stretch, where many famous cycling and car races are organized. Dinner in a nice typical restaurant (not included).
Overnight in 4-star hotel in Trento; included meals: B.
Day 3: 220 km
A rewarding day roaming the highest Dolomites, studded with various thrilling Alpine passes and the magnificent landscapes of the Marmolada massif and the Tofane area. The famous ski-stations San Martino di Castrozza and Canazei, which also are enchanting, typical mountain villages, are on our way to another famous ski station and delightful Tyrolese town: Cortina d’Ampezzo.
Overnight in 4-star hotel in Cortina or La Villa; included meals: B, D.
Day 4: 270 km
We rally the most famous Italian motorcycle event that beckons always more bikers from all over Italy and foreign countries at its climax day. So we embark on a panoramic and biker-friendly route heading to Bormio at the foot of the Stelvio Pass. On our way the beautiful Sella group mountains, the delightful town Bolzano and, according to the group’s expertise, either the Gavia or the Tonale pass. We’ll stop at the marquee in Sondalo for registration and a first taste of its adrenaline-fuelled atmosphere then, after a short rest time in our hotel rooms, back on our steeds again to the Rally marquee for dinner and evening entertainment, where the many attractions include the chance to be part of the legendary, perhaps unique, headlight night parade – see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Xci0D3bkI
Overnight in 4-star hotel in Bormio; included meals: B, D.
Day 5: 200 km
After yesterday’s feat our today program will be lighter though not less spectacular. We’ll explore the charming Valtellina heights, around the majestic Lombard Alps… A pure riding day with mouthwatering ups and downs and lots of curves, comprising the due homage to king Stelvio Pass – Italy’s highest at 2,757 m (9,045 ft) above sea level, the picturesque duty-free town of Livigno and a wonderful stretch in Switzerland. Lunch in a typical restaurant included.
Overnight in 4-star hotel in Bormio; included meals: B, L, D.
Day 6: 340 km
Our last touring day is also the most challenging. An enchanting itinerary in northern Lombardy, rumbling on to Saint Moritz and the Julier pass in Switzerland and Lake Como, brings us back to our initial hotel in Milan. We drop off the rental bikes in the late afternoon and eventually conclude this great adventure together with an opulent farewell dinner at the hotel.
Overnight in 4-star hotel in Milan; included meals: B, D.
Day 7: Farewells in Milan
We say our goodbyes after breakfast, leaving you free to go home or explore further the magic of Italy on your own. There are plenty of opportunities to continue your trip that we can help you planning!
Included meals: B.
Our variable price policy allows us to guarantee all departures.
In case only 1 or 2 crews have enrolled on a tour, with a minimum of 2 people, a supplement applies or participants may renounce completely free of charge.
All tours are limited editions for a maximum of 12 bikes/crews.
Price in Euro per person for this 7-day, 6-night tour:
from € 1,402.50 with your own bike – € 1,652.50 with rental bike
1 to 4 bikes: tour leader on bike
5 to 6 bikes: tour leader on bike + luggage van
7 to 12 bikes: tour leader on bike + rear tutor on bike + luggage van
The price includes:
- registration fee, branded tee-shirt, road maps, photo album of the tour
- assistance, medical and luggage insurance that covers both rider and passenger for all medical expenses in Italy and repatriation assistance costs in case of accident or illness during the tour and luggage theft or loss
- Gold registration card to the Stelvio International Metzeler 39th Motorcycle Rally
- welcome aperitif
- 6 nights en-suite accommodation and buffet breakfast in first class hotels
- 4 dinners in hotel
- 1 dinner under the Rally marquee
- 1 lunch in a typical restaurant
- luggage van (with possibility of transport for 1/2 passengers) for groups of minimum 5 bikes
- to ensure the utmost attention to each traveler as well as the safety of the group and a good pace, we proudly offer fully escorted tours only. Specifically, each group of up to 6 bikes is captained by a tour leader whereas groups made up of 7 to 12 bikes are always escorted by 2 staff members: a tour leader who opens the convey and a broom biker at its rear end. All our tutors speak English whereas other languages are available on request.
The price does not include:
- any extra, lunches and dinners unless specifically mentioned
- room upgrade or suite accommodation – extra charge on request
- petrol, any parking fees (while touring), entrance fees in museums, natural sites, optional visits
- transfer to the Milan hotel upon arrival and from the Milan hotel when departing
- luggage van for groups up to 4 bikes
- anything not specified in “The price includes”
|City:||Milan, Stelvio, Bormio, Livigno|
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||-10%|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Phone Number:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|