October 16, 2015
Porto and Douro Wine’s Route
Written By Admin
The wine is associated with Portuguese cuisine since immemorial times, involving agricultural ingenuity, marking the uses and customs of a people, showing up in art and architecture and, creasing, indelibly but sustainable the landscape. The recognition of Portuguese wines has gained echo outdoors thanks to the dedication and sensitivity of those who produce them. The wineries have reformulated themselves in the light of new rules, other dared the architectural forms, spaces reveal the history of the sites. The landscape of vineyard may rejoice the beholder or calm down the spirits more restless. People involve by how they receive and share this wealth.
Day 1 – Lisbon – Cascais (30km)
– Arrival at the airport, reception by SaharaMotoTours guides and transfer to the hotel.
– In agreed time, pick up of bikes.
– Dinner at Restaurant Prazeres da Carne, in Cascais.
– Accommodation at Hotel Pestana Cascais.
Day 2 – Cascais – Aveiro – Porto (320km)
– Breakfast at the hotel and beginning the tour, along the coast, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
– Lunch at Casa dos Leitões, in Angeja. Then, we will continue to north and visit the Port Wine Cellars. After grapes harvesting and washed the baskets, wine down the Douro River in Rabelo boats for aging in the warehouses of Gaia, thus benefiting the few temperature variations. It is in these dark caves that rest to acquire its unusual structure and complexity.
– Dinner at Chez Lapin restaurant, in Ribeira do Porto.
– Accommodation at Hotel Pestana Porto.
Day 3 – Porto – Guimarães – Braga (200km)
– After breakfast at the hotel, departure along the Douro River to Entre-os-Rios *
– Lunch at Art&Gula restaurant, in Guimarães.
– Dinner and overnight at the Meliá Braga Hotel & SPA
Day 4 – Braga – Ponte de Lima – Monção (210km)
– Breakfast in the hotel and continuation the tour, which will enter into the heart of the demarcated region of Vinho Verde.
– Lunch at the Duque de Caminha restaurant, in Caminha. After the meal we will continue until Monção, to visit the Brejoeira Palace -National Monument since 1910, is comprised of 30 hectares, of which 18 are vineyard of alvarinho grape.
– Dinner and overnight at Convento dos Capuchos Hotel
Day 5 – Monção – Lindoso – Peso da Régua (270km)
– Breakfast at the hotel and continue until Lindoso.
– Lunch at Casa da Pancada restaurant, in Vieira do Minho.
– Arrival at Quinta do Vallado. Dinner and wine tasting of mature wines by Douro demarcated Region.
– Accommodation in Quinta do Vallado
Day 6– Peso da Régua – Pinhão – Carrazeda de Ansiães –Miranda do Douro (232km)
– After breakfast, we will continue through Douro’s landscapes.
– Lunch at A Lareira restaurant in Mogadouro.
– Dinner and overnight at Estalagem de Santa Catarina
Day 7 – Miranda do Douro – Castelo Rodrigo – Almeida (215km)
– Breakfast at the hotel and then continuation by the Natural Park of International Douro.
– Lunch at the Casa do Conselheiro restaurant, in Freixo de Espada à Cinta.
– Dinner and overnight at the Hotel Fortaleza de Almeida
Day 8 – Almeida – Trancoso – Manhouce – Aveiro (267km)
– After breakfast, departure through landscapes of rare beauty.
– Lunch at the Rochedo restaurant, in Fujaco
– Dinner and overnight at the Hotel Meliá Ria
Day 9 – Aveiro – Lisbon (275km)
– Breakfast at the hotel, departure to Coimbra and visit the ruins of Conimbriga.
– Lunch at Alcaide restaurant in Óbidos, departure to Lisbon.
– Arrival at Lisbon and delivery of motorbikes, transfer to hotel.
– Dinner at Al Cântaro. in Alcantara.
– Accommodation at the Ópera Vila Galé Hotel.
Day 10 – Lisbon
– Breakfast at the hotel and departure for City-tour in Lisbon.
– Lunch at Casa do Alentejo, in Lisbon
– Farewell dinner in the House of Fado Timpanas, in Alcantara
– Accommodation at the Ópera Vila Galé Hotel
Day 11 – Lisbon – Origin
– Breakfast at the hotel and transfer to airport.
|Address:||Rua da Junqueira,nº200 1º|
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||-10%|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|