November 18, 2015
Rome Bike Tour: Appian Way and Aqueducts Park in 6 hours
Written By wheely
Enjoy a 6-hour cycle ride from central Rome towards the countryside and see the Appian Way from the saddle of a comfortable bicycle. Experienced guides will escort you to discover this fascinating area rich in ancient monuments and natural beauties.
Meet your guide a few meters away from the Colosseum, a perfect starting point for tourists discovering Rome. Head to the Appian Way, an ancient road that runs through the roman countryside and the park of the Appia Antica, and see first hand some of Rome’s most important achievements. Cycle past the Aurelian Walls and the Tomb of Cecilia Metella and reach the Aqueducts Park to admire a network of overhead channels bringing thousands of liters of water into ancient Rome every second.
Your visit will include stops at: • Caracalla’s Thermal Baths • S. Sebastian’s Gate and Aurelian Walls • Ancient Appian Way • S. Callisto Catacombs • Circus of Maxentius • Tomb of Cecilia Metella • Ninfeum of Villa dei Quintili • Aqueducts Park • Ninfeum of Egeria • Caffarella Park
- Quality trekking bike or mountain bike
- Tour leader
- Free bike seat for infants 0-4 years
- Tag-along or independent bike for children 5-9 years old
- Entrance fees
- Tips and any other extras not mentioned
– Lunch for children 0-4 years to be paid on the spot if needed (maximum 15€).
– This tour covers approximately 25 km
– Everyday at 10:30am, from March 1st until December 15th
– Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts. Don’t forget to bring an identification document for each participant.
|Address:||Via Ostilia, 29 - 00184 Rome|
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||15%|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Phone Number:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|