October 7, 2015
Shore excursion & hiking around Osorno Volcano & Petrohue Waterfall
Written By Admin
We’ll depart from your Hotel/Hostel (Puerto Varas or Puerto Montt) and travel through Villa Ensenada to the skirts of Volcano Osorno or “Pirepillán” in the Mapuche language, to the entrance of Vincente Perez Rosales National Park and the Laguna Verde area. This National Park is part of the Temperate Rainforests of the Austral Andes and it was declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO In 2007.
Our excursion takes us along the skirt of the volcano, where we will enjoy the native plant and animal life while proceeding to our destination, “Los Pilleyos”. We’ll continue into Vincente Perez Rosales National Park to visit the “Burbuja”, an area where is located the ski resort and where we may see the glacial run-off from the volcano’s slopes and glaciers, together with other points of interest.
We will then proceed to the famous Petrohué waterfalls or “Los Saltos”. The falls were created, first by the enormous lava flows of Osorno Volcano, which cut-off the flow of water between Lake Todos Los Santos and Lago Llanquihue and formed a new outflow from Todos Los Santos, now known as the Petrohué River. The volcanic flows created a rise in the land that immediately came under attack by the power of the river. The lava was, and is being sculpted into unusual forms by the power of the river. The flora and fauna of the temperate rain forest abound in this area.
We will take short hikes to “Los Enamorados” and “Carilemu” where we will learn about the different types of rocks, vegetation, and birds that live in this evergreen forest or “Bosques Siempreverdes”. We’ll complete our excursion to visit The “Todos Los Santos” Lake or as it is also known –“Emerald Lake,”– so named for the deep emerald color of its waters. You will want to take photos from the beach while enjoying a walk around to the black sand beach. Return to the city.
End our services.
* Cruise ship passenger: We return one hour before the last tender. If it’s necessary, we can make shorter the excursion.
** Normal duration of the excursion 8-9 hours for Independent Travelers who not travel with Cruise ship.
- CLASSIFICATION : Light – Medium activity.
- FREQUENCY: Daily. All year around according to weather conditions.
- PERSONS: Min 2 people. Max 8 people.
- DEPARTURE : 08:00 am, from your hotel/pier or airport.
- DURATION : 7 – 8 hours.
- INCLUDED: Professional Local guide, Wilderness First Responder accreditation,VHF radio communication/Mobil phone, entrance to National Park, 1 mineral water and private transport.
- NOT INCLUDED : Accident insurance, tips or anything not listed in the program.
- GUEST PROVIDES: Comfortable clothes according to the activity (overlanding & hiking), rain jacket, trekking boots or tennis shoes, walking sticks (optional), backpack, camera, water, cap or hat, sunscreen and sunglasses.
|Region:||Lake District, North Patagonia|
|Address:||Linea Vieja St. # 912, Puerto Varas|
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||20%|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Phone Number:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|