October 23, 2015
THE FAR SOUTH WEST OF ENGLAND
Written By Admin
Come with us to the “wild west” of England, to Devon and Cornwall. To rocky, windswept but stunningly beautiful Dartmoor; to mighty castles and lovely cathedrals; to the “Riviera” coast of perfect sandy, sheltered coves and the Atlantic coast of towering cliffs and legends of King Arthur’s knights lost in the mists of time.
Enjoy a genuine Devonshire or Cornish cream tea and if you’ve never had English fish and chips – this is the place to find it!
There are also some amazing places where the motor car cannot go – so we will recommend a few walks that you can do in the area where you will be more than rewarded for the effort with the scenery you will experience!
What can you see on this tour?
- Exeter – a Roman fortress city with Underground Passages, a 13th century cathedral and partially intact Roman walls.
- A Stunning Waterfall at the edge of Dartmoor – with the incredible rock formations known as tors and bridges dating from prehistoric times.
- A Sanctuary for Otters and Wildlife – a beautiful secluded place visited by few tourists from outside Britain. See otters, deer, owls, peacocks and Scottish wildcats!
- Experience a swashbuckling pirate adventure and come face-to-face with the creatures of the deep!
- See lost in time fishing villages and magical and mighty castles with legends of King Arthur
- See why this is the land of artists
- Take a photograph at the end of England – where America is over 3,000 miles away!
- Discover how the world’s rainforests can be protected
“An outstanding tour amongst dramatic scenery and history!” (Mr J Weston USA)
|Region:||South West England|
|Address:||11 Surrey Place, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, England BA14 0AW|
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||15%|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Phone Number:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
Top Travel Activities : Europe