October 17, 2015
Urban Adventures: Florence Foodies Walk
Written By Admin
Truffles. Gelato. Chianti. Olive Oil. All the essentials of the food pyramid are included on this Florence tour. Leave the diet at home and embrace the feast that is Florence.
- Gain insight into the best local food stores, restaurants, and wine bars
- Sample delicious local fare including earthy truffles and artisan chocolate
- Learn about local extra virgin olive oil (and sample some, too!)
- Experience a localised food history lesson before sampling the best gelato in town
- Relax with a glass of chianti at the end of the tour
- Duration:2.5 hours
- Meeting point:Piazza della Repubblica in front of the Tall marble column situated in front of Gill Cafe & Rinascente Department Store.
- Starting time: 3.00 PM
- Ending point:Piazza della Repubblica in front of the Tall marble column situated in front of Gill Cafe & Rinascente Department Store.
- Departure days: Mon to Sun
- (Please check us for block out dates)
Get ready for the perfect introduction to Florence, especially if you like food!
Our Florence food tour begins at a delightful food store specialising in earthy truffles, where we’ll enjoy a glass of Prosecco with a truffle panini. An artisan chocolate tasting is next, followed by a visit to a local olive oil boutique. Owner Andrea will engage us with a balsamic vinegar and olive oil tasting and enlighten us about the virtues of unctuous extra virgin olive oil.
As we continue on this Florence tour, we learn about the history of Florence’s local and regional cuisines while exploring the city’s small alleyways and walking through charming local suburbs. Along the way we’ll indulge further with tastings of ‘the best gelato in town’ and then partake in a glass of chianti while nibbling on tasty focaccia bread. This Florence city tour shows you the sights as well as the bites to be had on the Florence food scene, making it the perfect combination of culture and cuisine.
You’ll be sure to end this Florence food tour with a heightened knowledge and passion for local Florentine flavours, the perfect thing to take home and show off to friends!
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||31.125EUR per person|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|