September 21, 2015
Urban Adventures: Historic Hollywood Stars & Bars
Written By Admin
Take an early evening stroll along the “Walk of Fame” and soak up the atmosphere of Old Hollywood at its iconic bars, lounges, speakeasies, and mobster hangouts. Admire the Art Deco architecture and opulent theatres flanking Hollywood Boulevard, while hearing tales of Hollywood folklore and Golden Age gossip over the best local street eats.
- Explore the pubs, dive bars and restaurants of Hollywoodʼs Golden Age
- Linger at bars once frequented by Charlie Chaplin, Marilyn Monroe and Ernest Hemingway
- Strike up conversation with locals over a signature drink
- Sample some of Hollywood’s best street food
- Chance a meeting with a celebrity ghost, or maybe catch a live celebrity at a Hollywood red carpet event
Experience Hollywood’s “Walk of Fame” by taking in the ambiance of its Golden Era bars and learning about the stars that dot Hollywood Boulevard, both literally and figuratively. The famous and infamous bars along the walk were lunch spots and evening haunts to the celebrities and wannabes of Hollywoodʼs Golden Age, and still appear frequently in film and television. Speakeasies, mobster hangouts and even a “Writerʼs Room” are the lesser-known histories lodged within these historic hot spots.
Go behind the scenes–behind the beautiful Art Deco facades and bright neon lights–where these bars, lounges and restaurants are host to celebrity lore, ghost stories and maybe even star sightings.
Weʼll stroll the boulevard on foot, stopping into bars of note and admiring iconic buildings along the way. Weʼll enjoy select libations at designated locations and stop to taste some street food along the way. By the end of our evening, you’ll know where the locals go to eat and drink in Hollywood!
- Duration:3 hours
- Meeting point:6801 Hollywood Boulevard at the NW corner of Hollywood Blvd and Highland Ave (in front of the GAP clothing store). Metro Red Line stop Hollywood/Highland. Local bus lines 217, 212, 780. Please see www.metro.net for more information on how to arrive by public transportation. Parking available in 6801 Hollywood Blvd, entrance on Highland or Orange north of Hollywood Blvd.
- Starting time: 5.30 PM
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||-20%|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Phone Number:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|