September 21, 2015
Urban Adventures: Tenements, Tales, and Tastes
Written By Admin
Tacos, dumplings, knishes, bagels; America would be a food wasteland without immigration. Join this New York tour to sample the side effects of mass immigration while learning about those that dared to live the American Dream.
- Discover NYC from a local perspective, with a local guide by your side
- Visit bustling markets and sample the tasty treats on offer
- Stroll through New York’s unique cultural historic sites in the Lower East Side, Chinatown, and Little Italy.
- Get a glimpse into New York’s immigrant heritage and how it is shaping the city today
Get in touch with the tasty culture of NYC on this New York food tour that is a pleasure for both the body and the mind! This New York City tour will start off at a location where many new citizens are made official, City Hall. Here at the northern edge of the colonial city we’ll start our journey with a delicious Dutch breakfast treat, just one of many foods that has made its way over thanks to the immigrant population in NYC.
From on this historical tour of New York, we’ll make our way in a loop around the NYC LES, visiting 100-year old bakeries, churches, markets, and historic sites. We’ll stroll the streets of Little Italy just as Lucky Luciano might have a century ago. Marvel at former and still operating synagogues and Jewish clothing stores. We’ll dive into latin culture at the Essex St. Market and take in cultural sites like the Lower East Side Tenement Museum, and the African Burial Ground. Finally we’ll end up in the crowded and teaming streets of Chinatown, where you’ll feel like you’re in Shanghai!
Along the way on our New York food tour, we’ll sink our teeth into amazing stories and amazing food. Knishes, tacos, dumplings, and more. We’ll taste why New York City is the center of the world and the culinary legacy left here by those that have passed by Lady Liberty on their way to the American Dream.
- Duration:3 hours
- Meeting point: The Fountain at City Hall Park which is at the southern end of the park (City Hall Park, Broadway, Manhattan, NY 10007)Drop off location: Loreley Biergarten – 7 Rivington St, New York, NY 10002
|Website URL:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Top Travel Voucher:||-20%|
|Contact Email:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|
|Contact Name:||You need to be a club member - if you want to see it!|